Pokémon Go has been a global phenomenon since its launch, and players are always on the lookout for ways to fake steps in adventure sync. One such tool that has gained attention is Defit. However, some users have reported issues with “Defit Pokémon Go not working“. In this article, we’ll look into the details of using Defit with Pokémon Go, its best settings, and address some of the concerns players have.
Part 1. Does Defit Work with Pokémon Go in 2023? Why Does Defit Not Working Pokemon Go?
No, from many players report at reddit about Defit, Defit is no longer working for Pokémon Go in 2023. It’s primarily used to simulate walking steps, which can help players hatch eggs without physically moving. However, there have been instances where players have reported that Defit isn’t working with Pokémon Go. This could be due to several reasons:
Adventure Sync Busted
Previously, Adventure Sync tracked distance by syncing with Google Fit or Apple Health, where it would convert your recorded steps into distance in the Pokemon Go game (e.g., for egg hatching). DeFit worked by emulating steps, thus “tricking” AS into counting those emulated steps as real movement. it appears that Niantic has shifted its approach. By using the Physical Activity API, Niantic can more accurately discern between real and emulated movement, it no longer sync the steps data from Google Fit.
Updates and Compatibility
Sometimes, after a game update, third-party apps like Defit might experience compatibility issues. It’s essential to ensure that both Pokémon Go and Defit are updated to their latest versions. Keeping your apps updated ensures that any known bugs or compatibility issues are addressed.
Another common reason for Defit not working with Pokémon Go is incorrect settings. It’s crucial to ensure that the settings in both apps are correctly configured to work together seamlessly.
Part 2. Defit Pokemon Go for iPhone Better Alternative – iGPSGo
When comparing iGPSGo with other tools like Defit, several distinctions come to light. While Defit is primarily geared towards fitness app spoofing, iGPSGo offers a broader range of functionalities suitable for various applications, including gaming, social app, and more. For example, Pokémon GO players can particularly benefit from iGPSGo’s Cooldown Timer, which helps avoid soft bans, ensuring uninterrupted gameplay. Defit can fake the steps, but iGPSGo can not, it is used for Pokemon Go gps spoofing.
- Instant Location Change: Modify your iPhone or Android GPS location to any destination globally with just a single click.
- Natural GPS Movement Simulation: Craft your own routes and set your desired speed to simulate natural GPS movement.
- GPS Joystick: Gain full control over your virtual movement direction with an intuitive joystick feature.
- GPX File Management: Seamlessly import and export GPX files, allowing you to save and revisit your favorite routes.
- Universal Compatibility: iGPSGo is designed to work flawlessly with all iOS & Android versions, including the latest iOS 17 & Android 14.
- Platform Flexibility: Whether you’re a Windows enthusiast or a Mac lover, iGPSGo is available for both operating systems.
- Lower Pricing: iGPSGo offers one month license at $9.97, 1 Quater license at $19.97 & 1 year license $59.97.
Part 3. How to Use Defit for Pokemon Go
Using Defit with Pokémon Go is relatively straightforward:
- First, download and install the Defit & Google Fit apps from the Google Play Store.
- Open Defit and sync it with the same Google account you use for Pokémon Go and Google Fit. Give Defit app necessary permissions to access your Google Fit location data and physical activity data. Then turn on Sync fitness data.
- In Pokémon Go, go to Settings>General>enable ‘Adventure Sync’. After the latest update, they have changed the location of the Adventure Sync option. This feature allows Pokémon Go to access your fitness data, which Defit will simulate.
- Once synced, start the Defit app, and it will begin simulating walking. This simulated data will be used by Pokémon Go to hatch eggs and earn buddy candies.
Note: Don’t set Speed more than 9.8 KM, else it won’t work.
Part 4. Best Defit Settings for Pokémon Go
To get the most out of Defit, consider the following settings:
- Speed: Set the speed between 9.2 km/h. This speed is optimal for hatching eggs without triggering Pokémon Go’s speed limit.
- Activity Time: Depending on how many eggs you want to hatch, set the activity time. Remember, the longer the activity time, the more battery it will consume. Watch the ad to get more activity time.
- Sync Frequency: Set it to ‘Every 5 minutes’ for optimal results.
- Behavior: Choose Human mode instead of Robotic mode for more safety, human mode don’t use constant walking speed.
Part 5. Can You Get Banned on Pokémon Go for Using Defit? Is it Safe?
This is a concern for many players. Using third-party apps that modify gameplay can be against Pokémon Go’s terms of service. However, as of now, there haven’t been widespread reports of bans solely due to using Defit. That said, it’s always a good idea to use such tools with caution. If Niantic, the company behind Pokémon Go, decides to crack down on such apps, there’s a potential risk involved.
Safety-wise, Defit doesn’t require Pokémon Go login details, which means your game account remains secure. Defit only change the steps data for Google Fit, it does not change Pokemon Go data. However, always ensure you’re downloading the genuine Defit app from a trusted source like the Google Play Store to avoid any malicious software.
Part 6. What is Defit for Pokémon Go?
Defit is a fitness debugger app designed to simulate walking or running activities, which can then be synced with other apps that use the Google Fit API to track user steps and activities. When synced with Pokémon Go, it can help players hatch eggs, earn buddy candies, and achieve weekly KM goals without physically moving. It’s a tool that leverages the Adventure Sync feature in Pokémon Go, allowing players to progress in the game even when they’re not actively playing.
Frequently Asked Questions about Defit for Pokémon Go
Q1. Are there any other apps like Defit for Pokémon Go?
Answer: Yes, besides DeFit, there are several other apps and tools designed to help players simulate walking steps in Pokémon Go. Sitsync and pokewalk. iToolPaw iGPSGo is different from Defit, you can spoof gps with iGPSGo.
Q2. How to use Defit to hatch eggs in Pokémon Go?
Answer: Hatching eggs using Defit is really simple:
- Sync Defit with Pokémon Go: Ensure that Defit is synced with the same Google account you use for Pokémon Go.
- Enable Adventure Sync in Pokémon Go: This allows the game to access your fitness data, which Defit will simulate.
- Start Defit: Once synced, start the Defit app. It will begin simulating walking, and this data will be used by Pokémon Go to hatch eggs.
- Check Pokémon Go Periodically: Open Pokémon Go occasionally to see the progress of your eggs. Once they’ve covered the required distance, they’ll hatch.
Q3. Can you use Defit in Pokémon Go Adventure Sync?
Answer: Yes, Defit works by simulating fitness activity, which can be synced with Pokémon Go using the Adventure Sync feature. Once Adventure Sync is enabled in Pokémon Go, the game can access the simulated walking or running data from Defit, allowing players to earn walking rewards, hatch eggs, and collect buddy candies.
Defit has emerged as a popular tool among Pokémon Go players, offering a way to simulate walking and help in hatching eggs, earning candies, and achieving fitness goals in the game. It’s essential to ensure that both Pokémon Go and Defit are always updated to their latest versions to avoid compatibility issues. Moreover, while there haven’t been widespread bans due to using Defit, it’s always a good practice to stay informed about Niantic’s stance on third-party apps. Happy gaming, and may your Pokémon journey be ever-rewarding!
William Hanger is a veteran Pokémon GO player with a passion that dates back to the game’s launch in 2016. Having accumulated vast experience and expertise in the world of Pokémon GO, she has turned that knowledge into invaluable resources for the Pokémon GO community., William aims to provide clear and informative articles to help users navigate the world of Pokémon GO and maximize their functionality.